Life lately

December 10, 2018



Hey Guys! A couple of weeks back I was pondering on ways to continually create content for my blog alongside the stories and articles I have written in the past and I think I finally came up with something. This is a quarterly article called ‘’Life Lately”, and it is about everything I have been up to in the past 3 months.
Don’t worry there will still be more creative stories and articles.

So here we go…

Whoever said writers should always have a pen and paper or something to scribble on at all times because you never know when the idea will come wasn’t joking, I mean, if only you guys could see my journal and how I have scribbled various things here and there 😀😀 all in a bit not to forget an idea or something that clicked.

However, since there are a bunch of things I will like to cover in this post I will like to quickly list them out in the order that they will be appearing before we dive into them: -
*      
      
       Relationship
*      Work
*      Faith
*      Fitness
*      What I’ve learned recently.

Relationship

I remember seeing a post on Instagram this year where someone said “For those of us who thought Love would happen this year well you can try again next year” and I remember smiling most importantly because I was on this table that they were shaking. If I had a dollar for every time marriage or relationship has come up this year then I should definitely be smiling to the bank.

I can’t count the number of times friends and family have asked me “So who is the lucky boy? Or when are we coming to eat your rice?’’ I have even had friends who semi fought with me because Yinka was not dating anyone and made it seem like I was the problem…

Well, Dear Friends, Family and Extended Family 😊😉, Let God use you like he used the person that introduced Meghan Markle and Prince Harry or use you like the person who introduced Nicholas Young and Racheal Chu together (You will have to read “Crazy Rich Asians not the movie o but the book to understand what I mean) for me but till when that happen can we just trust the process and support my other causes like my career, spiritual growth and my blog.

The thing is this thing called “Relationship” almost happened this year on different occasions but they were with the wrong set of people, I should tell you about each and every one of them but I wouldn’t want to go into their gory details but I have learnt a very long time ago to walk away from things not meant for me even if they are clothed in packages that indirectly have my name on it.

With that being said, I have developed friendships with people who have taught me in many ways than one that what I want is attainable. Their lives, relationships and even how they have been able to grow their career has opened my eyes to the many possibilities that abound which has continuously taught me to surround myself with good stories.

Work

I knew it was time to do something that will strategically move me forward in my career and so when I saw the opportunity I resigned from my job and applied to be a certified digital marketer that in a training that was organized by Digify Africa and supported by Facebook. This training came with the opportunity to be placed in digital and creative agencies after the two-month training for internships.

This was definitely one of the scariest decisions I made this year as it gave me a lot of anxiety and panic attacks, leaving the certainty of a paid job to the uncertainty of a training where I was not going to be paid, leaving the future with gaps to be filled. I remember having a senior friend ask me if this was something I wanted to pursue.

The training was rigorous, intensive and enlightening and was definitely worth it. It opened me up to various opportunities and also exposed to areas that I would like to pursue career-wise. My new place of work is a complete breath of fresh air and I’m loving every aspect of it.
I can say without a shadow of a doubt that the training propelled me into what I would like to be doing for the rest of my life which is producing content.

Faith

My relationship with God this year has been on a continuous increase. I consider myself a member of the Pastor Joseph Prince and Steven Furtick church, these men of God have increasingly added to my growth and relationship with God as I have consumed their messages on a weekly basis and also with the help of my local church I have been able to flourish on all side.

The conversation I get to have with the Holy Spirit, the way I yield to him even in difficult times, learning to trust him in situations that look hopeless and how he has constantly filled my mouth with praises and worship on days I couldn’t find the words has been beyond amazing. The constant knowing that He is ever so present, increasing my capacity and meeting all my needs in ways un-imaginable can only be the work of the Good, Good Father.

An even as I press forward in this journey called life, the goal is that Christ will be seen and expressed in all I do. #WeMove 💪💪

Fitness

The goal is to have a flat tummy, firm arms, buttocks and thighs and be able to maintain a body size and shape that fits my frame but a lot of things won’t make me be fit in peace 😁😂, like I recently told my mum when I wanted to eat a snack one late night, “It’s stomach I have, I didn’t kill somebody this flat tummy journey will resume the next day” 😊😀 and then she just started laughing that I was not serious.

I have plans anyway to get a tummy blast from LIN seeing that I have not received the grace yet to go on morning or night run but I’m walking long distances so that should at least count for something.😉😉

What I have Learnt Recently

Lastly, one of the biggest truths I have just recently learned is having an attitude of thanksgiving. I noticed that thanking God for my needs and expectations even when he is yet to do them caused me to stop worrying. This has been a continuous effort on my part as I have learnt to catch myself in between worrying about a problem and asking God when he will do it which has led me to spiral into being feeling depressed and just thank him for doing it.

This attitude of thanksgiving as caused me to worry less leaving me happier and free.

A few Android pictures from the last couple of months


In Church on a Sunday, after the service.

At the Piggybank end of the year customer appreciation fest.




Porkoyum Food Festival

Chilling with the Programme Director of Digify Africa for Nigeria.

Graduation ceremony with friends at Digify Africa.

Tour with the Digify Africa team to X3M ideas

Goofing around







Phew, that was a lot! If you have made it this far, then at this point you might as well give me a few life updates too!

Let me know in a comment below.😉😉

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

19 comments

  1. Phewwwwwww quite the year u have had.. . Has made u stronger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely quite the year. I sincerely can't wait for what the coming year holds.

      Delete
  2. Great read as always! Yinka.

    Ideas drop at unexpected places and time and it's good to know that you've learned to catch it, and pen of done.

    Yes, thanksgiving is so pure and cool, compared to worry. You have chosen the good one.

    Do enjoy the rest of your year and wishing you exciting flow of ideas, content and thoughts in the new year.

    Hearty Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fash. I'm looking forward to the new year and all the content it has to offer.

      Delete
  3. Great post! Couldn't agree more with the relationship and fitness part :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol... I know right. We just need to keep pushing till we hit the right mark. Thanks for stopping by to read.

      Delete
  4. I am certain that you have had a wonderful year with moments that you are sure has improved you, and friends that have supported you going forward. And not forgetting family as always. Continue to flourish, dear Yinka.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Josh. The future is truly exciting, I look forward with great expectations.

      Delete
  5. Yimmie Yinka! Awesome write up. Just a soft reminder, I am waiting for your wedding jollof rice o! And for the fitness goal, make it happen 2019.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol @ waiting for the wedding jollof rice. let's hope you won't wait too long and for the fitness goal, I would keep trying till I get there. Thanks for Stopping by and reading. I sincerely appreciate you.

      Delete
    2. Hahahaha... Hope Palm wine will be available

      Delete
    3. Yes now... as much as you want to drink.

      Delete
  6. Wow! Nice read. I enjoyed every bit of it.

    Thanksgiving is really key!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed every bit of it and Thanksgiving is really key!

      Delete
  7. Yinka, I like your writings, keep it up dear

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed reading this post! I'm planning to take my fitness goal more serious next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That would be nice, hopefully i meet you somewhere around the fitness goals

      Delete
  9. Awww my dear friend sky is just a starting point❤️❤️❤️❤️, you are such a wonderful friend

    ReplyDelete